The Oldest Man Alive – a supernatural short story


The Oldest Man Alive is my new fictional short read about a mad scientist who is willing to cross all boundaries to achieve immortality. The narrative style I have taken borders on a folk-lore but with the typical elements of urban fictions. I was inspired by Guillermo Del Toro’s Shape of Water. It had a minimalistic touch with a simple but strong plot, a very few number of characters but described well in a short course of time. I made it a short story because I wanted to experiment with the marketing strategies, play a new field in a different price category. I have also enrolled this Amazon UK Story Teller Contest 2018. I took this story upon myself as a form of creative exercise. It was really fun writing a short story. It was less time consuming and wasn’t a lot of pressure when it came to doing the case study for the plot. I am sure that this story will be a good read for those who like punk-themed supernatural premises. If things turn out okay, I’m planning to expand this story into a novel with possible sequels. This story and premises opened a lot of new doors for me as a writer. It took me to a whole new level though it’s a short read. I wanted to create a brand for myself. But I couldn’t do that with just one novel that I already published a few weeks ago. I was planning to write another novel but needed a ‘breathing’ time to start again. I was playing with this a small plot but didn’t take it seriously. I thought of get on with writing without planning on how to finish the story. There are a lot of writers whom I have known to do that but I’m not usually comfortable doing it that way. I can’t write unless I’m clear about how I should begin, when I should reveal the twist and how it all ends. But with this story, I just had an open mind and jumped right in. It doesn’t have the typical three-act structure but I’m sure it would prove to be a good reading experience.

Buy it now on Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts