Zahhak’s Wildest Dreams: A suspenseful thriller novel.


I’ve always been fascinated by psychology. It all started when I read about Charles Sobraj. Then I went on a roller coaster from Ted Bundy to Thug Behram and it continues till today. There is no end to the fear of crime as long as stories about these men prevail in the air and are being immortalized in the form of movies and novels. At the end of 2015, I was mentally and financially broke. Those were the dark days of my life that I still can’t leave behind. I went into chronic depression having made nothing out of my career and personal life. I stopped pursuing film making and was down in the dumps sharing a room with a friend of mine. Every day was hell with my constant mood swings and wild thoughts that ranged from suicide to murder. I spent several sleepless nights roaming the dark corners of the city. It took me a while to put myself back together. I had been a while I stopped writing screenplays. But one night changed it all. I was lying awake on my cot when it all came to me. It was a little idea that I kept to myself. I didn’t know what to make of it. I was just playing with it as a creative exercise. I did my research inch by inch and fast forward 18 months, I was sitting atop a story that had a lot of potential in it. I tried to fund my project but I couldn’t go back to begging people and let them treat me like trash. Plus, I had to support myself working fulltime in a ‘proper’ job. But I could just keep the story all to myself. I thought people should hear it one way or another. I tried to put forth my homeworks in the form of short stories and then eventually turned them into a novel. Writing this book had given me a second chance at everything. One of my friends suggested I approach an agent or a publishing house but I didn’t want spending years of my life looking for someone who could give me a break. I decided to get it over with self-publishing platforms.

To talk about Zahhak’s Wildest Dreams, it’s a thriller book about a hunt for a serial killer and is the first of my crime-mystery series, 'Tall Crimes'. I couldn’t lead it like the way classic mystery writers did. I had to render an ‘old wives tale’ style to the narration. It gave me an opportunity to explore writing and the art of storytelling. It wasn’t long after I fell in love with the words of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Marlon James and Kafka. I learnt from these writers before I started penning my story down. The difficulty I had writing this book was the research. I had to watch a lot of documentaries and real-life interviews with serial killers. It was one thing seeing them portrayed in movies and stories but this was different. This was more real and it completely changed the way I perceived everything around me. But finishing this book was worth all that I went through. After months of editing and rewriting, I, finally, had the courage to go ahead with publishing. Both Kindle and Paperback versions are now available at Amazon Marketplaces. Make sure you add it to your reading list!

Zahhak's wildest dreams book cover

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts